Hi there, St. Charles! It’s Time to Improve Indoor Air Quality!
Welcome to St. Charles, Maryland – a charming community located in the heart of Charles County. With a population of over 38,000, St. Charles offers a welcoming environment for families and individuals alike.
If you’re a homeowner in the area or considering moving here, we’ve got some valuable information to share with you today.
A Little Bit Of History About St. Charles, MD
St. Charles is a planned community located in Charles County, Maryland, approximately 23 miles south-southeast of Washington, D.C.
The community was founded in 1968 by the real estate developer St. Charles Charles City, Inc.
St. Charles was once the site of a large tobacco plantation owned by Robert Doyne, a wealthy planter who owned more than 3,000 acres of land in the area.
Today, many of the streets in St. Charles are named after Doyne’s family members and his former plantation, including Doyne Court, Thomas Doyne Way, and Chapel Point Road.
In addition to its historical significance, St. Charles also boasts a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities for its residents. The community has access to several parks, including Laurel Springs Regional Park and White Plains Regional Park, which offer amenities such as playgrounds, hiking trails, and picnic areas. There are also several golf courses in the area, including Swan Point Yacht and Country Club and Potomac Ridge Golf Course.
St. Charles is also home to several schools, including St. Charles High School, which is known for its strong academic programs and diverse student body.
Information About Homeowners In St. Charles, MD
According to the most recent census data, there are 165,485 residents in Charles County with a median age of 43.3. St. Charles, MD has about 38,000 residents.
Family establishments represent 72.95% of these Charles County households, while non-family units account for the remaining 27.05%. Additionally, 37.03% of households have children and 62.97% of households are without children.
Average Age Of Homes In St. Charles, MD
We are going to continue with information about Charles County, as there is a bit more up-to-date information that should be useful to homeowners in the area. The median year in which properties were built in the area is 1982. 78.18% of these homes are owner-occupied, while 21.82% have renters living in them.
St. Charles, MD Climate Change and Air Quality
According to a recent report from Penn State University, St. Charles, MD and Charles County will continue to face increasingly severe weather- and climate-related hazards, including heat waves.
Of particular interest to St. Charles, MD homeowners is a section that details the rising temperatures, and the consequences of the heat:
“Charles County’s summers are getting hotter. On average, Charles County sees 6 days per year with temperatures above 95°F (1990-2019 average). Within the next 50 years (by 2070), Charles County can expect a yearly average of 29 to 51 days above 95°F, with associated increases in cooling costs, reduced air quality, and heat-related illnesses.
Heat waves can kill people and pets. In Maryland, more than 80 people have died from extreme heat between 2010 and 2019. Individuals at higher risk include children, pregnant women, older adults, outdoor workers, and lower income residents.”
How A Modern HVAC System Helps St. Charles, MD Homeowners
With the temperatures in St. Charles, MD rising and air quality declining, having a modern HVAC system in your home is more important than ever. A modern HVAC system can help provide homeowners with a safe and comfortable living space, even as temperatures and air quality outside become riskier.
Modern HVAC systems are designed to filter out contaminants, such as dust, pollen, and other airborne pollutants. This helps reduce the risk of respiratory issues, particularly for those with allergies or asthma. In addition, some modern HVAC systems feature UV lights, which can help kill bacteria and viruses in the air.
These systems can also help regulate the temperature in your home more efficiently. This means that even during the hottest months of the year, you can still enjoy a comfortable living space without having to worry about high energy bills.
Many modern HVAC systems also feature smart thermostats, which can learn your preferences and adjust the temperature accordingly. This helps reduce energy waste and lower your carbon footprint.
Call Dick’s HVAC To Improve Your Home’s Air Today
With regular maintenance and professional installation, a modern HVAC system can provide reliable and efficient heating and cooling for years to come. This means that homeowners can enjoy a safe and comfortable living space without having to worry about unexpected breakdowns or repairs.
When you’re ready to upgrade your HVAC system, Dick’s Air Conditioning & Heating can help. Contact us today to learn more about our HVAC installation and maintenance services.